Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Credit Card Rates

Finally I managed to get A-mi-mi from my desk, her dad's stash of credit cards and hopefully not having to babysit her in another 10mins. Yes the young toddlers have a thing for play with bright and shiny plastics which we call credit cards.

I've been itching to get a new credit card since the Mastercard Debit I'm having is not really accepted in most part of the country. The merchants prefer Visa, with obvious reasons. In Malaysia, Mastercard causes a lot of headache with merchants due to some of their technical system and also the fee charged on the merchant upon use.

Which is why I'm going to get myself a Visa credit card. But with the endless list of credit cards campaigns going on, going for the best deal, competent sales representative and also low interest rate can make me lost my patience.

For example, last night when I went for a shopping with my family, a female sale representative from a bank approached me to promote her credit card campaigns. The words she used were catchy and her promise of low interest rate draws me in. But the moment I checked the rates out, I flipped. It was 1.8% per month whereas I was told it was only 1.8%p.a. Lucky I checked it out!

Which is why I'm using Gas Credit Cards to check out all the offers of credit card rates before I jump in and sign up. 1.8% per month and 1.8% p.a makes alot of different and this time, I will do the checks on the rates.

No comments: