Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Beauty School.. CHA-cha-CHA!

I couldn't comprehend why my younger sister wish to choose a weird profession. I would have thought she had wanted to be a doctor, a technical officer, graphics designer or take over my place in this company. But I didn't expect her to say she wanted to become a Professional Make Up Artist.

Smack me down. That comment rendered me speechless. But what can I say, she likes the style, the fashion and if it cashes in thousands by the month, why not.. And since the schools in Singapore only caters to the brainiacs and PHD wannabe, I'd have to place her somewhere in the US.

cosmetology schools are really difficult to find in Singapore, in fact there is none that could be recognised worldwide. The artists in Singapore have to run overseas just to see their dreams come true. But I think in 10 years time, the situation will improve. Already there are improvements taken up by the government to promote well gifted students like my younger sister.

Until the Arts School in Singapore is recognised, I will have to no choice but place Ayu in the States.

No comments: