Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Friday, December 01, 2006

My fish is swimming!!

1st December 2006-- 8 more days to go

Its 8 more days to go before I can officially watch R.A movies.. *snickers*

Anyway I went experimenting in the kitchen again. This time its with a grouper. I went gallavanting with the poor fish at 4pm. Anyone who wishes to note down my recipe, kindly do so but of course, PLEASE link back to my site.. *glares*


Grilled Lemon Fish Swimming in Pumpkin Sauce (lame title.. I know hehehe..)

Ingredients

--Fish--
Half cut lemon
1 tsp of salt
1 pinch of sugar
Pandan Leaves
4 pcs of Chili Padi
1 tbs evaporated milk
7 slices of cut up Grouper

--Pumpkin Sauce--
10cm x 3cm pumpkin slice
1 tsb of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
4 tbs of evaporated milk
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 tbs of butter
1 tbs of chopped onion

How to do it!!

Fish--
For the fish, the dimension of the slices is quite important cuz when we grill it, we would want to make the skin crispy and the flesh tender. Its most prefered to have the fish cut with a width of 2 inch with the tail being longer. Bear in mind that Groupers are most delicious at the tail and the head is best to be cooked in Asam Pedas or Curry. Anyway we will be using the body and the tail of the fish.

Clean and gut the fish. Squeeze the lemon juice from the half cut lemon. Do NOT throw away the skin. Blend in the leftover of the skin with Chili Padi, Sugar, Salt and Evaporated milk. Marinate the fish with the mixture for half and hour (but I prefer one hour).

Once the fish is ready, grill it on the Grilling Pan but for those who doesn't have one, a frying pan can do. Line the Pandan Leaves on the Pan before you grill the fish. I prefer using Pandan Leaves cuz the Pandan has a nice smell and will eliminate the fishy smell and will not destroy the grilled skin of the fish.

Grill the fish in a medium heat for 15mins or so for both sides, or until the fish is cook. Be careful to not burn the skin into char. If you suspect its going to burn, lower down the heat.


Pumpkin Sauce--

I prefer doing the easy way. Dump everything into the blender except the butter and onions into a puree. Heat up the butter in a sauce pan and saute the onions until light brown. Then mix in the puree into the pan under a meadium heat until it boils.

To those who loves onions, do NOT put too much chopped onions else it will overpower the pumpkin taste. You can also put in mint leaves if you do not like cinnamon powder. However I've not tried it, so if anyone tried the mint leaves, leave me a review on how it goes.

Finishing!!
For the finishing, place the slices of fish on separate plates. Then decorate the sauce over the fish as you like. Add some parsley if you wish. Now its ready to be serve..

Sorry lah.. I forgot to take the pics of the dish. My stomach seem to control my brain so the thought of getting a pic of the dish just dashed off my mind... ( -_-")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cookoo!!! dead fish dun swim...haha..

anyway, wat plans do u have for ur birthday? aku dah mintak off tau.. kalau tk buat pape,then aku spent the day with my bf ajek dong!!!

how about we go sentosa again?