Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Vehicle Maintainence

Radiators are a must to repair and if need be to be changed. I used to have lots of problems with the radiator of my Honda Accord EXI. It usually overheats during stationary mode and when stuck in a traffic jam.

Thinking to counter the rise in temperature, I had the air-con turned off and resorted to using the natural air. But that only slowed down the problem at hand. It was a frustrating time when those problems happen especially when I had send it for repair to many workshops and even had it changed. It was suppose to be ok but I only got a painful heart pain at the unsolved problem and a large hole in my pocket.

But luckily I got to know this particular mechanic. He took a few looks into the radiator system. After checking and diagonising the problem at hand, he went up to his store, took out a relay, did some operation to my relay box and after some major test drive, the radiator problem was solved!

It turns out that my radiator was perfectly OK but due to the incompetence of the previous mechanics, they didn't know that a faulty relay can cause a problem to the rise in the temperature.

Radiators can be costly if you wish to repair it in your garage. For example, a usual Honda Civic Radiator can cost USD 600 if you are not careful. But if you know their knicks and knacks to get the best deals in town like the link before mentioned, why not? But make sure you know what you're doing and you have a very reliable mechanic if you are unsure.

No comments: