Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Monday, December 31, 2007

Is it really greener on the other side?

With the increase of the inflation rate and the rise in the electricity bills, I'm making dire decisions on which place is the best to stay.

Singapore or Malaysia.

Being a born and bred in Singapore, its not an easy decision to make since I'm so used to the efficient and comfort life of the clean Singapore. But as the years goes by and maturity strikes in, my mind began sorting out all the calculations that is critically needed to draw the conclusion.

Even though Malaysia has a slagging low level in terms of education and transport, that doesn't mean its out of my decision list. The low cost living in Malaysia is a plus for me even though it has some disadvantages in the public transport. But its much more better than staying in the ever increasing expenses of Singapore living.

Staying in Malaysia and bringing in income from Singapore is wonderland for me. So what if I got to pay CPF and Medisave? It still beats having to scrunge up the meager leftover salary to be divided into different parts to pay for the other expenses if I live in Singapore. If I stay in Malaysia and work in Singapore, I'm reaping in twice the amount I can spend in Singapore.

Duh! Exchange rate my dear friends. SGD1 is equivalent to RM2.23 ok so do your math. See whether living in Malaysia is worth it or not.

No comments: