Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Adventurers

I have been eyeing a few travel websites in case I got my usual itch to travel again. But one that caught my eye is www.travelfish.org.

It has lots of info for travellers who need a quick decision between countries like Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. I'm currently viewing their forum topics and might I say the advices and topics discussed is very insightful. Aside from the usual "which hotel to choose", they have loads of advices for backpackers.

Maps.. now looking at maps.. Ooh... They have a very detailed view of the lands in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. They even have the guides on which road to take to head to your destination. Let me finish viewing all other links they have here... hmm...

"Asian fruit FAQ" now what is that... Ouh.. Asian fruits.. I think they missed a few fruits like Lychee, Pulasan, Dragon Fruit and lots of others... hehehe.. can't help it I'm a pure South-East Asian..

Wait a minute! Durian doesn't smell like sewer and stale vomit! It just have a very strong smell and its heavenly to 99% of South-East Asia. Durian is a heaty food and it is not fatal is a person were to have coffee or sweet drinks with Durian but it does causes sore-throat and its a fruit that Diebetics should stay away from due to the high sugar content.

My verdict!! I would strongly suggest travellers who are heading to these countries to bring a palm top or O2 phone with ready WAP/GPRS and whip up TravelFish site, http://www.travelfish.org, whenever you feel lost or bored with your current location and its certainly a GOOD substition of GPS . (^-^)


Travelfish


No comments: