Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Silver or Steel?

A little metaphor to make you guys ponder a while on the topic I've decided to crack up today.

A friend of mine has just recently requested for me to do a little check up on the ever-on-going Swiss Cash Investment scheme that now goes by the domain of : http://www.swisscash.net. I wouldn't have bothered to even glance it up but since he has said that a friend of his has invested SGD$3000.00 and will now be receiving SGD$12,000.00 in a few months time although I didn't manage to ask how long was the investment but the idea of getting like 400% of interest p.a sounds totally bogus to me. And so I've decided to compile a few scrap notes on them.

I couldn't manage to open the site despite several attempts at different timing and also different download speeds and computers ( I have a laptop and a desktop). But I did manage to whack it up in my usual anti-scammers community site and found quite a few quirks on this "GET SCAMMERS RICH SCHEME".

1) Found that their most occured visitors on their websites are Singaporeans, Malaysians, USA, Indonesia and others.

2) Their FTP server location I wasn't able to look up cuz of some runtime erorr and yada-yada.. Just like when I had tried to load their main site. (very strange indeed)

3) Decided to give my local Swiss Embassy a call for their thoughts on this concoction. I'm not surprised to hear them repeating almost the same thing when I talked to the Nigerian Consulate in Singapore about the little case of that idiotic Nigerian Scamming of Traders. But I did pass to the Swiss Embassy on the details of www.swisscash.net for their future reference.

4) Found that www.swisscash.net is a mirror website of www.moneyproject.biz and all of their transactions have been moved to www.swisscash.net with effect of 2nd March 07. Why they wanna do that, I'm clueless.

5) Surprisingly a website that has so many investors has only 4PR and I'm only 2PR.. Hmm.. It seems that their popularity is as good as my brother's and he doesn't even have fancy website.. hahaha

6) I've also found a little interesting note from Bank Negara Malaysia regarding this scheme: "Bank Negara Malaysia and Securities Commission of Malaysia would like to inform members of the public that Swiss Mutual Fund, the company that is promoting the Swiss Cash fund, is not licensed or exempted from licensing by Bank Negara Malaysia to accept deposits nor is it licensed by the Securities Commission to carry out asset management activities or services in Malaysia. Swiss Cash fund promoted by Swiss Mutual Fund has not been approved nor endorsed by the Securities Commission"

ie They are not legally liecensed in Malaysia even though they know that such thing exist. you can read it up more here.

7) I still can't load the website up!!

summary: I really think this whole scheme is just another scam and unless I have more than 12 people who doesn't work for them and show me proof of their so called investment, I'd advise great caution when you give out cash to unknown societies and groups.

No comments: