Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My two cents..

19th August 2007

A few more days to go before the fasting month takes over. Ramadan is a month of realisation and reflection on our pass deeds whether be it good or bad and also to humble ourselves to our maker, Allah. But with the new globalisation and modernisation revolutionising in almost every part of the world, the holy month has become a month of spending and filling the stomachs to the brim the moment dusk clambers over Mother Earth.

Sad to say not many muslims have continued the practice of bringing ourselves closer to god by reading the quran, attending the Terawih and doing charity for the needy. Instead we are more concentrating on personal needs, work and shopping. What has most muslim become these days?

This brought me with a staggering thought.. Will I become exactly what I had described about the latter or will I become a good Muslimah? A deep thinking I might say but like what my dad always say, It all depends on one's Iman.

What do you think?

No comments: