Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Sunday, September 16, 2007

What's been cooking at..

Mom is once again in her entrepreneur mood swings. It has left me and my usually over energised siblings drained to accomodate her cute orders. Who in their right mind could ever say no to mom especially when she calls us by our nicknames.. (mom and her cuteness is much dangerous than a newly sharpen knife)




Shah is never safe when mom gives him Mommie Hugs.. ahahah



So after dallying and wrangling up my men into their correct mindset, I gave them an off day yesterday along with their hard-earned salary which I finally manage to squeeze from my main-con. Then set off back to JB just in time to buy mom her new Moulinex blender along with the chopper. The old cranky blender decided that it's service for the past 3 years is more than it can handle... hehehe


Then I had to lend my expertise to my tired siblings in draining the blended pineapple puree (we are making the traditional pineapple tarts). That standing and draining took up 2+hrs (we had to blend a total of 30pcs of large Morris pineapples). By the time I was done, it was 5pm, time to prepare for dinner or aka break-fast.


Since the cute old grannie was too tired and almost indispose, I was in-charge for the cooking which I was more than happy accomodate. Microwave steamed Tenggiri fish, Broccoli-Tomato-mushroom soup, Sambal sotong Kering and Kerang Rebus with Rice was ready by 6.30pm just in time for my younger sister to take care of the drinks. The menu was just nice for my anti-veggie siblings who hates vegetables. Since the steamed fish is a dry dish, they had no choice but to make do with the vegetable soup (the recipe is attached below).



I don't understand why Ayu insisted on wearing a sarong over her pants..


By the time it was 7pm, my back was almost at the brink of breaking. But at least, my family and my dad especially was pleased by the cooking. After dinner, I rallied my tired but re-energised siblings in helping mom in the cooking of the drained pineapples puree. As the picutre depicts, there are times we fooled around like idiots and times whereby sheer physical power is needed to stir the concoction constantly. That, I give the credit to my beloved youger brother, Shahrul. Without him, we women would be dead. The mixture once reaches the cooked stage mixed with sugar, is as good as making Dodol.. I don't even need to go to the gym to get muscles.. ahaha..




The head chef, mom, officially considers the pineapple ready at 11.30pm, which was almost 6hrs of cooking from 4pm. Although bone weary, the moment we received Mommy Hugs/Kisses and large pints of Moccha, the tension just simply fade away..










Ps.. Arul, since you requested, I'm putting up almost all of the pics we took that I think doesn't make me look silly and Ayu, I'm not making the tarts so you can eat until your stomach is full.. You kids owe me an ice-cream! ahaha

No comments: