Ramblings of a Vamp is supported by:

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Singapore Idols

19th January 2006

Lately the fever of the idols have been at it again. Every channel on the tv keep flickering the ads on the singing competition, be it American Idol, Malaysian Idol or the Singapore Idol. The popularity of these programmes goes on and on. But what set me thinking, again, is the Singapore Idol.

I do hope Singapore Idols have more promising stuffs to be viewed on other than the stupidity of a handful of embarassing 'creatures' and the beauty of singing. Unlike American Idol and Malaysian Idol, Singpore Idol lacks totally on the closet infantry. I don't know if anyone ever notices it but if you were to watch the programme properly, all of their clothes that the competitors wore are too static. What happens to the colors of life that so many designers in the world have so hard in trying to achieve?! Singapore Idols really need to liven up and be more colorful.

Perhaps its the lack of sponsors or perhaps its Clothing Rack Off Day... Think I'm kidding? Take a good look at the clothes they wore and count the number of times T-shirts and jeans were worn. Even the gals wore your typical faded blue jeans which are such a normality these days. Come on!! This is a country-wide competition not some head banging gig in the Youth Park.

Then there is the huge flaw on the small pathetic size stage. I think they should host the stage in a place which is more grand that shows the kind generosity that Singapore has. I think they should host it in Sentosa, they have an extremely huge and beautiful land there which were often used for the year countdown. And for godsakes someone please sponsor them some disco lights or something funky. Get something more colourful or something more lively, no more static displays please...

Take a look at Malaysian Idol. I mean wow... for a country which most Singaporean looks slightly down upon, they can really make people shake their bums and enjoy themselves. The ambience of being in somewhat of a disco thingy is there and their clothes!! Now that is as good as the American Idols added with the Oscar. Take Jacquelyn (did I spell that right?) for example. Her last performance was done with grand with her beautiful and I can bet very expensive gown, with a huge stage and exquisite lighting designs makes her really look like a STAR. Now that, ladies and gentlemen is what I call a performance from an IDOL.

I really hope this new season of Singapore Idol is something worthwhile to gawk on. I'm praying hard that they had done their homework and I can get to see my funky colors and laugh my guts out at those people who became idiots instead of idols. *snickers*... Anger and jealousy can bring the most foul languages from anyone. I wonder how many different foul languages the Singaporeans will be using since we are very bilangual or was it triangual? LOL

Till next time! Fingers crossed!!
Ciaoz!

Quote of the day: For godsakes!!

No comments: